Cognos Developer 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Peak Performers is Austin's preferredstaffing agency for contract and temporary positions with state of Texas government agencies. We are currently recruiting for a COGNOS DEVELOPER with a South Austin work location. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm with some night and weekend work required based on project needs.
Job duties and responsibilities will include:
* Developing reports in Cognos 10.2 that are accurate and usable with high attention to detail
* Communicating with the development team to understand the technical and business solution
* Communicating with business analysts and management with an appropriate level of detail for the audience
* Reading and understanding technical documents, including requirements documentation, design documents, SQL code and Cognos code deliverables
* Writing technical documents and design artifacts as needed
* Following appropriate processes to accomplish work as needed
* Working hours outside of normal assigned shift as needed to support software releases or other urgent matters
Candidate selected will demonstrate competencies in dealing with ambiguity, problem solving, effective written and oral communication, working effectively with diverse workgroup, and upholding organizational values including integrity, and professionalism
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Candidate resumes MUST reflect the below experience to be considered)
* 5 years of experience writing moderate to advanced SQL queries
* 5 years of experience developing reports in Cognos 8.4 or higher
* 5 years of experience using basic knowledge of star schemas / dimensional data structures
* 5 years of experience in Technical Writing
* 5 years of experience using knowledge of TIERS or HHSC Programs and Types of Assistance
* 5 years of experience using Unix Cron
* 5 years of experience writing basic UNIX shell scripts
Please note: Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
PROJECT TERM: The project is planned to commence as soon as possible and continue through August 31, 2017.
COMPENSATION: $59.25 - $62.75/HR (W2)
_WHY USE PEAK PERFORMERS FOR YOUR NEXT GOVERNMENT CONTRACT POSITION _
* We are an Austin-based nonprofit staffing agency with over 22 years' experience working with public-sector employers.
* Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
* We offer ACA compliant health insurance at 60 days!
* QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH CHRONIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND/OR DISABILITIES RECEIVE JOB PREFERENCE.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
_Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. _