Cognos / SQL Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTexas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is looking for a COGNOS/SQL DEVELOPER.
JOB TITLE : DEVELOPER ANALYST
LOCATION : AUSTIN, TX
Start Date : ASAP
Duration : 12 months
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops reports in Cognos 10.2 that are accurate and usable with high attention to detail.
* Communicates with the development team to understand the technical and business solution.
* Communicates with business analysts and management with an appropriate level of detail for the audience.
* Reads and understands technical documents, including requirements documentation, design documents, SQL code and Cognos code deliverables.
* Writes technical documents and design artifacts as needed.
* Follows appropriate processes to accomplish work as needed.
* Works hours outside of normal assigned shift as needed to support software releases or other urgent matters.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY - Ability to make progress and complete work in a situation that includes uncertainty and pending questions.
PROBLEM SOLVING - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations;
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
DIVERSITY - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment;
ETHICS - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
PLANNING/ORGANIZING - Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Develops realistic action plans.
PROFESSIONALISM - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work to meet challenging deadlines.
INNOVATION - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Writing moderate to advanced SQL queries
Developing reports in Cognos 8.4 or higher
Basic knowledge of star schemas / dimensional data structures
Knowledge of TIERS or HHSC Programs and Types of Assistance
Using Unix Cron
Writing basic unix shell scripts