Collateral Services Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BASIC PURPOSE
To verify the eligibility of loan collateral pledged to Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas (the Bank) as security for Member advances against their blanket lien line of credit, in accordance with applicable regulations, policies and standards of the Bank.
1. Schedule and conduct collateral verification reviews (CRV) at the home office and Member locations throughout a 5-state region to establish the eligibility and lien perfection of pledged loan collateral. Determine collateral eligibility by analyzing automated loan data and review of specific loan documents including but not limited to residential, commercial and agricultural promissory notes, mortgage/deed of trust, mortgage title policy, appraisal/valuation documentation, security agreements, UCC filings and other pertinent loan documents specific to the reviewed loans.
2. For residential real estate loans, further determine collateral eligibility by analyzing credit-qualifying documentation such as credit reports, income and asset documents.
3. Effectively interface with Member institutions to insure understanding of FHLB collateral policies and CRV procedures.
4. Produce and maintain reports pertaining to CRVs conducted. Produce on as-needed basis various reports pertaining to overall Bank CRV activity and other related statistics/measures.
5. Conduct testing of the Bank's web-based collateral verification system in accordance with established procedures to confirm system integrity after enhancements or upgrades.
6. Maintain ongoing knowledge of regulations and types of assets member institutions may pledge as collateral for advances. Effectively partner with other Bank departments to promote Bank products and services to our Members.
7. Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelors degree preferably in business or accounting
2. 5 years experience in banking, due diligence, real estate asset management, underwriting, accounting and/or valuation analysis of residential, commercial and agricultural loans.
3. Working knowledge of balance sheet and trial balances of banks, savings associations, insurance companies, and credit unions.
4. Must be willing and able to travel out-of-town greater than 50%.
5. Excellent research and analytical skills to substantiate ad hoc reports.
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
7. Significant proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook is required. Additional proficiency in report writing tools and presentation software such as PowerPoint and Visio is highly preferred.