This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160810-8082-MW
Company Name: 3E Company
3E Company is hiring for a Collections Specialist to work with the Finance team at the corporate headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
* Oversee company internal and external collection portfolios. Under established department guidelines, perform and process the collection of past due accounts and delinquent balances through direct contact with customers by letter, telephone, and email. May assist customer in establishing payment plans to bring accounts current and in compliance with the terms and conditions of the customer s financial option.
* Maintain specified level of collection calls.
* Maintain aging results within established performance objectives and corporate accounts receivable goals.
* Track and maintain all customer accounts throughout the collection process ensuring prompt payment recovery of all outstanding balances.
* Perform customer account maintenance activities to include account reviews, reconciling aging levels, verifying account clearances, monitoring collection activities, prepare final demand letters, and updating accounts in compliance with established corporate policies and procedures.
* Timely follow up of payment promises and cash receipts.
* Prepare or coordinate reports measuring accounts receivable levels.
* Research in response to customer inquiries.
* Take incoming calls while logged into the collection queue.
* Interact with Sales or Customer Service to furnish and communicate customer account information as needed.
* Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
* Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience.
* A/R billing experience a plus
* 3+ years experience in accounts receivable/collection environment
* Must have the ability to effectively organize and establish priorities, be highly motivated, and be a team player
* Must have excellent customer service, written/verbal communication, negotiation and problem solving skills
* Computer skills are a must (Collection Manager, PeopleSoft, Excel, Word, MS Office)
3E Company, a subsidiary of Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK), offers a comprehensive suite of data, products, and services for environmental health and safety (EH&S) compliance management. This solutions suite addresses the entire chemical life cycle and includes vendor/supplier data obtainment and management; product level classification services, MSDS authoring and distribution; emergency response; and regulatory reporting. 3E provides an industry-leading combination of a 24/7/365 EH&S mission-control call center and the world's premier hazardous substance database of global regulatory and compliance information. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Carlsbad, California, with additional operations in Canton, Ohio; Bethesda, Maryland; Kingsport, Tennessee; Montreal, Quebec; and Copenhagen, Denmark.
3E Company is an energetic, vibrant and growing company that is shaping and leading the future of the environmental, health and safety information management industry. Quality individuals who contribute to team efforts are critical to that future. 3E offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as a dynamic, challenging work environment.
Visit our web site at www.3Ecompany.com for more information.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.