This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/26/2017
Almost Family, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONExcellent Corporate Opportunity with a Leader in Home Healthcare: Recognized for Excellence by Forbes and Fortune Magazine.Almost Family, Inc (NASDAQ: AFAM) is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For nearly 40 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Almost Family, Inc. was founded in 1976 in Louisville, KY and operates as 28 companies with over 250 locations in 16 states. Almost Family, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate two segments: Visiting Nurse, or VN, which provides skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries; and Personal Care, or PC, which provides custodial and personal care services. Almost Family's services are generally covered by federal and state government programs, commercial insurance and private pay. We believe in the importance of local recognition and seek to maintain and support the various trade names we operate under that have developed a reputation for high quality care among patients, referral sources and employees in their local communities. We maintain quality and consistency across locations and regions through our 'Senior Advocacy' mission, which trains our caregivers to look beyond the obvious needs of patients to be advocates for their physical, mental, and emotional needs, with the ultimate outcome of allowing them to age in place.
Almost Family is seeking several Collections Specialists who will be responsible for collections and account follow-up on all outstanding insurance balances. The ideal candidate will possess accounts receivable experience in the home health industry, but anyone with medical collections expertise will be considered. We will consider all contract and full-time candidates.
* Candidate must have a strong background in medical billing and collections and at least have 5 years of experience as a collector or coder, and a history of handling a high volume of activity.
* Candidate should be well-versed in the collection of claims from Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid payers and should be knowledgeable of in/out network benefits for commercial carriers.
* Candidate should be able to work well in a well-structured environment, be well-organized and have the ability to multi-task and manage their time among different projects and goals.
* Candidate should be team oriented, have strong communication skills and be able to prepare reports for management.
* Collaborates with management to reduce aging of accounts by providing verbal and written communications.
* Candidate should be able to review various reports to ensure accounts receivable are managed appropriately.
* Candidate should be able to identity claims processing issues and notify Collections Manager of appropriate level of details associated with issues requiring escalation.
* Candidate should be able to expedite and maximize payment of insurance medical claims by contacting and following up with communications to and from payers and patients and have familiarity with claim negotiations.
Candidate should be able to resolve payment denials as they appear and be able to document their work clearly, concisely and record follow up notes in the system for each account worked.
* Conducts thorough research of claim status to identify issues and takes corrective measures to obtain payment and ensure accuracy of future claim submissions.
* Works closely with payers to determine additional or supportive documentation that may be needed to facilitate prompt payment and provide documentation in a timely manner.
* Researches insurance information to accurately determine benefits and ascertain primary or secondary status for Medicare and Medicaid.
* Works in coordination with service locations to obtain information needed for claim resolution.
* Conducts analysis of denials and partial payments to determine trends that may need to be addressed either in revenue cycle management, operationally, or with the payer.
* Resolves denial and payment issues with resubmission of claims and processing of appeals.
* Communicates effectively and frequently with supervisor regarding accounts.
* Completes special projects and other assignments deemed necessary.
Almost Family, Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan JOIN OUR FAMILY... YOU'LL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME!