This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
* Associates Degree in Business or Finance
* 3 years of supervisory experience, preferable in a bank, collection agency or other type of financial institution
* 3+ years collection experience
* Business acumen knowledge of bank products, polices and procedures and collection regulations and statues
* Computer proficiency Word, Excel and Power Point (Access, Enterprise Antaylics and Smart collector helpful)
* Responsible for adhering to and ensuring business unit complies with pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy as well as external compliance requirements.
Supervision of assigned staff, ensure department deadlines are met, ensure superior customer service is provided, assist with customer resolution and support branches with deposit account inquires. Also, assist with recruitment and training of new employees. Assign and adjust daily work flows as necessary. Perform Account Reviews, Call Quality Reviews, Handle Customer Complaints, Work with department Manager on specific projects.
* Approve credit/debit transactions, file maintenance transactions, and extension agreements
* Assist Credit Adjusters in achieving personal growth and development plans
* Compose employee performance and due diligence reviews to insure adherence to applicable banking and collection laws
* Conduct training sessions as needed
* Contact delinquent borrowers by telephone and correspondence, listen to proposed solutions to the situation
* Create customer correspondence and form new form letters and update existing letters and gain legal approval, load in to system as needed.
* Interact with third party vendors to protect the bank's interest, including collection agents, repossession agents, property preservation agents and attorneys.
* Perform skip-tracing and borrower research
* Perform charge off recommendations reports for management approval. Participates in charge off meetings by presenting facts and documentation to support proposals
* Prepare various reclamation claims prior to charge off
* Provide leadership, guidance, organization, support and supervision to a team of credit adjusters so that the team and its members are able to function efficiently to produce minimum delinquency results
* Respond to customer complaints in a timely manner
* Work closely with Collections Department Manager on projects and assignments as needed including the development and review of analytic reports and process automation.
* Act as a liaison on certain projects
* Maintain the policy and procedures manual so that it is up to date, incorporating changes, additions and deletions as appropriate
* Assist in the maintenance of the business continuity plan and SOX review
* Prepare and perform systems testing for new releases and enhancements to systems. Working with supervisors of other areas
Track team days off and prepare documentation for employee reminders and disciplinary action as necessary
4224 Ridge Lea Rd., Amherst, New York 14226
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled