Collector (Gov't )- Parallon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08591-124203
Parallon, a leading health care company is offering a great opportunity. We are looking for a dynamic candidate to be part of our team. We offer excellent relocation and benefit packages, including 401K, bonus potential, tuition reimbursement, medical and dental plans, flexible spending plans, long-term/ short -term disability, and generous paid time off!
We are in need of an experienced healthcare Collector for our Service Center in Norcross. You will be part of the team managing government account collections for 22 hospitals located in Georgia, South Carolina, Nevada and California. This is a challenging, metrics-driven environment that requires a self-starter who can make key decisions without direction. We offer many opportunities for career growth.
DUTIES (INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Work insurance pools and contact insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid in a timely manner
* Review EOB s, remits and payer correspondence in the course of performing account follow-up and escalate any identified issues to the appropriate area for review and response to expedite claim resolution.
* Identify problem accounts and escalate as appropriate
* Maintain compliance with pool completion requirements
Maintain required productivity and QA standards
* Document in the patient account record to identify actions taken on the account
* Work with patients and guarantors resolve payer requests and discrepancies to promptly resolve pending claims.
* Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement" and all policies and procedures related to the Collections department.
* Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED required.
Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
Previous collections experience in a hospital or medical setting
excellent phone skills
good time management skills
production environment (fast paced)
***ONLY CANDIDATES WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS LISTED WILL BE CNSIDERED***
Last Edited: 11/02/2016