SUMMARY: Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding monthly collection goals up to 85% of Accounts Receivable portfolio for customers with an average portfolio of $1.5M - $2M by contacting customers whose accounts have been placed for collection to negotiate acceptable recovery procedures based on current strategies and regular training. Initiates requests for correspondence as appropriate. Updates customer account records in comprehensive computer system with automated support functions. Discuss problem accounts with supervisor and recommend appropriate action to resolve. Ability to advance in the organization is based upon clear written individual goals and collection achievements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages assigned portfolio of delinquent accounts through relationship building and the ability to innovatively problem solve collection activities, billing disputes, and payment options. Manage account resolution to resolve debts in the manner most beneficial to customer and company needs. This is done by initiating and/or receiving collection calls using multiple communication methods (oral and written.)
* Works closely with Commercial Account Managers regarding collection results/problems and assisting with price reductions and conversions. Participates in conference calls with sales team, customers and management.
* Record status of collection efforts into appropriate systems relating to any pertinent collection activity or customer contact.
* Review monthly invoices prepared by billing department for accuracy and troubleshoot billing issues/discrepancies tax issues, misapplied payments, etc.
* Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts, such as recording address changes, processing Discos, refund requests, etc.
* May assist with new hire on boarding
* Uses several Tyco systems to perform collections, customer service, and reporting accurately.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates Degree and/or equivalent years of successful work experience in collections environment.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years collections experience
Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience.
Previous Accounting experience preferred
Previous commercial collection experience a plus.
Skills: - Intermediate computer knowledge, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and ability for skip-tracing
- Must have strong customer service skills. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal
services. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly. - Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time - Job requires being reliable in fulfilling obligations within a work environment with limited flexibility
-Proven ability to take initiative and work independently while remaining a good team player.