College and Career Advisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Adecco is assisting the Commonwealth of Kentucky to fill a College and Career Advisor (CCA) position in Marshall County. The CCA will work with students during the 2016-2017 school year to make meaningful connections between career and college options and their school work. The CCA will work with their regional supervisor and school teams to deliver a structured curriculum. The CCA will be required to work 20-40 hours weekly in a school environment. Ideal candidates will have a foundation in education, counseling or social work. Some travel is required.
Candidates are required to submit to a background check.
This is an immediate fill, long term opportunity.
• Facilitate any necessary program components to implement the program with fidelity school wide.
• Deliver instruction of the GEAR UP curriculum to students.
• Collaborate with School Team to plan activities, coordinate activities of college and university partners, and oversee day-to-day operations of the program.
• Arrange educational field trips and family events for students and their families.
• Collaborate with students to promote college awareness using visits, networks, summer experiences, and other innovative strategies designed to reach even the hard-to-reach students.
• Encourage the use of ILP.
• Coordinate and support workshops for financial aid, college survival skills, and college search workshops.
• Help students and parents develop plans to succeed in high school and college.
• Communicate the GEAR UP vision and mission effectively to all stakeholders.
• Make recommendations to the GEAR UP administrators to enhance and ensure the efficient and effective operation of the program.
• Evaluate workshop and program activities and provide analysis.
• Monitor program related professional development to ensure completion, follow up, and successful classroom implementation.
• Collaborate with partners, School Teams and school districts to ensure the program activities are maximized and that enrichments, interventions and professional development are scheduled and taking place.
• Collaborate with teachers and school leaders to integrate practices and strategies which align with program goals.
• Employ skills and knowledge to build effective teams to meet the GEAR UP objectives and deliverables and to monitor scope of work and milestones of the grant.
• Collect, maintain, and disaggregate qualitative and quantitative data for school improvement initiatives and various program reports.
• Demonstrate analytical reasoning and techniques by interpreting student and overall school data.
• Develop and maintain accurate student records and keep them confidential.
• Comply with all program reporting requirements, including the Annual Performance reports, proposals, inputting of all outcome data, student participation data, time and effort logs, and data requests.
• In accordance with the GU-2-Success Advising Model, continuously monitor students' progress and provide resources for enrichments and interventions to students, teachers and parents.
• Collaborate with school staff and other program partners to fully implement college awareness components.
• Collaborate with district personnel, GUK central office staff, and partners in coordinating appropriate professional development for the teachers at the school based on program goals and initiatives.
• Conduct career assessments to help students identify interests and relevant academic strategies required to reach their career goals
• Other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor's Degree in the preferred area of education, psychology, sociology, guidance and counseling, business management, or a closely related area.
• Three years + of professional experience in the field of teaching, guida