CommVault Backup Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview :
CommVault Data Protection Administrator with 8 plus years of experience to operate and maintain systems in an enterprise environment. You will work within a team of functional areas that include backup and recovery, application failover, storage, system monitoring/incident response, and networking all integrated into a team providing enterprise class solutions to high profile US State Account. You will work to build and maintain working relationships with team members, supported customers and other departments and stakeholders involved in the service delivery mission. You should be ready to communicate tasks, needs, risk and roadblocks preventing you and the team from being successful and be ready to provide solutions to these challenges. Should have strong knowledge on ITIL frameworks. Evening/Weekend and on-call work is required on occasion.
The CommVault Data Protection Administrator will operate and maintain classified and unclassified customer back-up and recovery systems. This position will assist in supporting about 5000 Servers (physical and virtual). The job requires configuring and maintaining backup schedules as well as file restores. Propose and Implement Backup Improvement Initiatives to enhance Performance & KPI's. Participation in Disaster Recovery exercises is required. This job includes demonstrating knowledge and skills associated with backing up Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows and VMware.
Qualifications * 8+ years of experience with CommVault Data Protection Administration
* Experience maintaining Enterprise level systems environment
* Operate and maintain CommVault Simpana 10 Backup and Recovery software , Symantec NetBackup (secondary skills) and other related backup and recovery infrastructure components
* Working experience on Tape Libraries and VTL (Virtual Tape Libraries)
* Knowledge on ACSLS is an added advantage.
* Backup configuration of IDA agents for Exchange, SQL, etc. as needed.
* Respond to incidents, customer service requests, working with vendors as needed, and update Remedy as to events and status.
* Develop and implement change requests using the ITIL-based change management process.
* Should have experience in Simpana Oracle IDA backup/ Restore/ Command line backup/ restores
* Participate in Client calls and other quality control efforts.
* Hands on experience in Simpana 10 deduplication/ DASH concepts
* Experience on Simpana IntelliSnap
* Experience in Windows cluster backup
* Simpana DR concepts and Simpana upgrade
* Should have Strong Knowledge on Platforms like Windows/Unix/Linux/VMware.
* Handle Escalations from the Tier 1 and Tier2 teams
* Ability to train and mentor the Team as needed.
* US Citizenship required
Company Information Unisys is a global information technology ('IT') company. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. We specialize in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Our offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solution and high-end server technology. We have more than 20,000 associates serving clients around the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com . img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://unisys.contacthr.com/50600713.jpg /