Command & Control Subject Matter Expert
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is seeking a Command & Control (C2) Subject Matter Expert (SME) Network to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The candidate will support SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic and other stakeholders in support of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) projects. C4ISR programs support US warfighters in making quality intelligence decisions in the field.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform functional analysis, testing, and aide in the system design and development of C4I software applications and subsequent deployment to the Marine Corps.
* Simulate real world scenarios with above applications in an end to end functional test environment.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have in-depth operational expertise in command control applications such as: command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC), Blue Force Tracker (BFT), Falcon View, Global Command and Control System, situational awareness, mission planning, fire/weapons control, integrated imagery and intelligence products/applications.
* Must be a subject matter expert (SME) with the applications identified above.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field, OR comparable education and experience typically obtained by two (2) or more years related work experience.
* Extensive C2 systems engineering experience in a DoD environment, with the proven ability to manage multiple high profile projects concurrently.
* Possess DoD 8570 approved security certification (CISSP, Security+, GSEC) OR must be able to obtain certification within six (6) months of employment.
* Must have developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
* Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
* Must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and capable of managing resources and schedules to meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects.
* Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision.
* Open to new ideas.
* A creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, dynamic, and complex organization.
* Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, commitment to high standards, innovative, discriminating judgment, credibility, and accountability.
* Possess the initiative to identify, communicate, and solve problems with a multitude of team members and customers.
* ability to provide accurate input to plans and schedules.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Previous military experience working in a Combat Operations Center (COC), or tactical Operations Center (TOC), or Air Operations Center (AOC), or Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) is highly desired.
* Experience with C2PC and the C2PC Gateway. Must be able to configure C2PC and connect it to various inputs.
This position requires an active TOP SECRET clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled