Commercial Banker 4
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for the management, retention and expansion of existing business relationships, the development of new business and the servicing of a variety of commercial relationships. Grows revenue as directed by senior management by successfully prospecting for new business and retaining and expanding existing customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Solicits new and prospective loan and deposit relationships for the Bank.
* Develops and executes a business development plan to achieve established goals and objectives. Implements a disciplined contact schedule to promote client satisfaction, retain existing clients, and attract long term profitable customer relationships and become the clients trusted financial partner through needs based solutions
* Identifies cross-sell opportunities for each assigned relationship. Markets to assigned clients and prospects a broad range of financial products.
* Build internal relationships with other departments such as Product Management, Treasury Management, and Credit Underwriting to enhance the overall banking relationship ensuring the customers business objectives are met.
* Proactively seeks knowledge and mentorship from more Senior Relationship Managers to develop a thorough understanding of bank products, services, credit standards, and bank pricing parameters, business development programs/automated systems.
* Partners with the Commercial Underwriter to assess the customers credit risk and structure a credit solution that fits the customers needs while remaining within acceptable risk guidelines.
* Identifies client needs and works with customers to offer appropriate bank products and services.
* Cultivates prospects independently through customer referrals, networking, and participation in professional organizations, social contacts and relationships built in the community.
* Develops relationships with customers through calling and customer support activities.
* Routinely monitors loan portfolios credit quality status to ensure loans are current and conform to terms, quickly identifies and manages risks to minimize impact.
* Analyzes customer credit status or obtains appropriate central underwriting approval and related documentation to ensure portfolio quality and yield are maintained.
* Uses automated business development system to manage individual calling program, schedule appointments, develop customer profiles or cross-sales opportunities, follow-up with customers and book new business.
* Keeps abreast of industry, competitor, financial market and other changes that may impact their portfolio or department.
* Responsible for assembling financial information and coordinating the generation of complete loan packages for approval presentation
* Other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Management
* Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & KNOWLEDGE:
* Education & Experience Required
* Bachelors Degree, major in Accounting or Finance preferred
* Minimum 3 -5 years of relationship management experience selling banking products
* Minimum Required Knowledge
* Proficient in credit underwriting fundamentals and prior credit experience including financial analysis
* Knowledge of commercial loan products & lending / compliance regulations
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 30 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated, hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
Job Category: Business & Commercial Banking
Organization: Whitney Bank - Wholesale Banking - Wholesale Central
Shift: First Shift
Job Type: Experienced
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Hancock Holding Company family of companies include: Whitney Bank (doing business as Hancock Bank in Mississippi, Alabama and Florida and Whitney Bank in Louisiana and Texas), Hancock Investment Services, Inc., Whitney Investment Services, Inc., Hancock Insurance Agency, Whitney Insurance Agency and Harrison Finance Company.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.