Commercial Claims Representative 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
This role is responsible for providing prompt, effective assistance to clients and third parties reporting claims to our agency, acting as a liaison between the agency and our carriers and assisting others in the agency with service regarding claim reporting activity.
The primary goal is to meet and exceed client expectations in all areas while managing the claim reporting process for our clients and to take ownership of the client's needs when reporting a claim providing them with professional, knowledgeable courteous service which is in line with the FNRM Experience; and contribute to and enhance the agency's reputation in all actions.
* Receive initial claim reports; counsel clients on the claim process and procedural steps in processing and settling the claim.
* Prepare instructions and advise clients on action to be taken in event of a claim. i.e. OSHA, Environmental Area, Products Liability, Professional Liability, etc.
* Extends full courtesy and assistance to third parties reporting claims or providing claims information.
* Maintain full electronic file information by documenting all claims reports, activity, payments, and conversations.
* Report claims on the same business day to appropriate carrier(s) via fax/telephone or electronic communication.
* Maintain draft register as required by carrier(s).
* Send notice of potential changes to the Client Managers on all changes relating to claims (ex. deletion of vehicle on total loss).
* Handle loss runs process for Commercial Lines Department for claim reviews as requested by consultants.
* Develop and maintain claim interface capabilities with companies.
* Respond to inquiries as soon as practical and no later than 24 hours to any request.
* Meet with carriers to promote good will and to learn their procedures and build a good working partnership that promotes the best claim resolutions for our client's.
* Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts.
* Maintain current claim technical reference material and understand how to perform technical tasks to expedite client service.
* Support the mission statement, business goals, service standards, and business practices of the company.
* Support the financial goals of the company.
* Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara's Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
* Customer Service and Fair/ prompt processing of claims
* Team work measured by standards of performance for department
* Timely and documented work
* Communications are professional and courteous.
* Work Product-Proficient with coverages for all product lines and regulations
* Continued Education and maintenance of licensing
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Effective communication skills, organizational skills, and ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
* In-depth knowledge of insurance agency automation systems.
* Ability to handle high-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption.
* Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality in all matters.
* Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 1-2 years Claims experience is strongly preferred.
* Must have Property and Casualty License or ability to obtain within one year. Must comply with all continuing education requirements including pictorials, INS, CISR or CPCU courses.
Special Position Requirements
* Travel required within WNY and across NYS
* Travel percentage 25%
* Must be able to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time
* Must be able to work in an office environment
* Maintain and commit to a predetermined work schedule
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position
* Ability to open and lift 5-10 lbs frequently throughout the day
726 Exchange Street, Buffalo, New York 14210
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled