Commercial Construction Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTION_THE ORGANIZATION_
Focus Construction specializes in the construction and renovation of hospitality, residential, and mixed-use properties in major markets throughout the U.S. The Focus team is composed of dedicated professionals providing creative, innovative, and quality solutions for all of our projects. Focus Construction is headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
The Construction Project Manager is a construction professional skilled in all facets of project management who is responsible for leading projects, following project processes, and where applicable, providing direction to assisting staff. This individual must be highly capable of performing assigned job functions utilizing best practices and current technology. Previous experience, natural instinct, and hands-on knowledge will be needed to ensure successful, quality, and timely completion of projects.
* Completes projects within budget, on-time, and with a high level of customer satisfaction
* Responsible for the overall financial performance of projects including project planning, billing, revenue forecasting, A/R collections
* Manages the delivery of scope of work, and if needed, secure change orders for the expansion of the scope
* Reviews and interprets contract terms and conditions
* Ensures sub-contractors invoices are approved proportionate to actual completion
* Understands and communicates job schedule to all project team members
* Responsible for the coordination of all shared resources
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in construction management or related field and PMP certification with 5+ years in construction management; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Ability to formulate and timely execute plans by correctly anticipating future resources needed for long term projects
* Competitive and consistently driven to accomplish and exceed goals
* Ability to communicate effectively and work with urgency and accuracy
* Highly capable of forming and leveraging business relationships to create advantageous support systems and alliances that result in improved quality, cost savings, and time efficiencies
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other applications pertaining to job requirements
* Knowledge of safety, employment laws and practices
* Knowledge of hotel renovations preferred