Commercial Construction Project Manager - Miramar, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
HITT Contracting Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Commercial Construction Project Manager to join our dedicated project management team responsible for defining the project s objectives and overseeing quality control of the project. In this role, you will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to the schedule while keeping within budget.
We offer our employees the following competitive benefits package:
* Performance Based Bonus
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
* Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
* Short Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid Vacations and Sick time
* Paid Holidays
* Onsite Fitness Center and caf
* Company Overview
With modest beginnings in 1937 as a small family run business, HITT Contracting Inc. has grown to be among the top 100 largest general contractors in the United States. HITT Contracting Inc. is an award-winning turnkey construction company performing a wide range of services from small jobs, service and emergency work to full base building renovation and shell construction. Our steady growth over the past 75 years can be attributed to the longstanding relationships we develop with our clients.
HITT places considerable attention on creating an environment where employees are given the opportunity to succeed and feel empowered to make decisions. We have built a reputation in the industry for recognizing the importance of rewarding and challenging our employees. Over the past several years, HITT has been ranked by local publications as a Best Place to Work,' and we have over 100 employees on payroll that have been with us for more than 10 years!
As a family-owned company, HITT treats employees like family. Our work hard, play hard corporate culture is what has made us the success we are today.
As a Commercial Construction Project Manager you will be responsible for coordinating all team members as well as any third-party contractors in order to complete projects according to plan. Additional responsibilities of the Commercial Construction Project Manager include:
* Maintaining adherence to HITT s standards of safety; ensuring that required documentation is filed
* Creating and managing project budget for all assigned projects
* Developing pre-construction RFP package
* Conducting project meetings, and setting milestones and formulating monthly owner report
* Establishing job processes (RFI s, submittals, and pay applications) including approving pay applications and negotiating subcontract change orders
* Performing project scheduling; ensuring project quality control and establishing overall project logistics
* Managing the closeout process
* Ensuring fair treatment of subcontractors at all times
* Contacting new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and explaining how these needs could be met by specific products and services
To qualify for the Commercial Construction Project Manager position you must have strong commercial building knowledge and excellent verbal and management skills in order to prepare cost estimates for bidding purposes. Additional requirements of the Commercial Construction Project Manager include
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 5 years experience in commercial construction, including experience with a commercial general contractor
* Previous experience in a Project Management role with the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
* Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results
* Working knowledge of current market conditions including pricing conventions and trends
* Consistent attention to details with the ability to identify discrepancies
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills with a variety of software packages; JDEdwards, preferred.
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis protected by law. The management of the company will act affirmatively to prevent discrimination in employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on the job training.