Commercial Construction Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER - 1079
A construction company is seeking a Project Executive or Project Manager with high rise, multi-structure building, or community college project experience.
A Project Executive manages the construction of projects through administrative direction of on-site staff. This includes the review of the work of the Senior PM and PM assigned on projects, foster strong team work through mentoring and management of team members, manage all aspects of contract administration, document and maintain project execution process, strong time management skills, and develop client relationships on multiple projects.
The Project Manager plans, organizes and controls all resources (people and materials) for the successful execution of a project. Leads project teams in the construction of projects ensuring project quality, schedule, cost control, safety and customer satisfaction objectives are met. Is the primary point of contact for owners.
* Assigned projects are completed on time, under budget and at a profit.
* Safety, EEO and quality goals are achieved.
* Timely conflict and/or claims resolution.
* Clients are satisfied with project results.
* Sets safety, quality, schedule, cost and owner relationship goals.
* Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up and project pre-planning.
* Works with the VP of Operations to obtain the personnel resources required to properly staff the project.
* 100% Detailed/hands-on knowledge of Project Scope.
* Reviews project proposal or plans to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
* Manages the financial aspects of contracts; assures job margin analysis is completed on a regular basis.
* Develops baseline project schedule with assistance from Superintendent and/or VP of Operations.
* Monitors and reports project cost and schedule performance; recommends corrective actions if needed.
* Manages the scope of work and has mastery of the contract documents.
* Ability to respond professionally, patiently, logically, confidently and quickly to requests or questions received in person, via the phone or via email from internal personnel, other staff, and external teams.
* Required to maintain diplomacy in all situations, and work with team members on issues resolutions.
* Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external project team members to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement and timeline.
* Analyze and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize the ability to meet agreed upon deliverables.
* Reviews change orders for accuracy.
* Reviews and takes action on contractor pay requests and invoicing.
* Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports for management, owner or others.
* Manages claims; identifies and resolves potential claims with subcontractors/suppliers.
* Participates in project coordination meetings.
* Assists estimators with the definition of bid packages.
* Ensures adherence to insurance, safety, labor relations, EEO and tax regulations.
* Monitors and ensures quality control.
* Works with Safety Director to ensure jobs have safe working conditions and safe work practices are in place.
* Supports the achievement of EEO goals.
* Establishes and maintains positive relationships with key owners and architects.
* Accountable for project completion and financials, Critical Success Factors, Customer Satisfaction Results.
* Documents best practices to share with other projects; ensure best construction methods are being used
* Directs and ensures timely completion of project close-out activities.
* Protects and promotes the interests of the Company; ensures all compensation for work performed is received.
* Management of all project team members (Senior Project Engineer, Project Engineers, Superintendents and Field Office Coordinator) - Project teams could range from 4-12 employees.
* Mentor and train Project Engineers for fast-paced growth development through training and performance appraisals.
* Communicates and reinforces the vision, values and goals.
* Performs additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
* Project Executive must have 14years of experience in the construction industry.
* Project Manager must have 5years of managerial and supervisory experience in the construction industry.
* Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating.
* Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
* Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2year time span.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
* Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
* Strong customer orientation.
* Good computer skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong team player.
* Commitment to company values.