Commercial Development Manager-ADME/Tox 9/2/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Key Individual Accountabilities:
* Oversee the development and execution of strategies to support new market / products / technologies for Safety Applications which are developed using the Company s gene editing technologies,
* Identify & develop key contacts and networks within the broader Life Science commercial organization to enable execution of the ADME/Tox and consumer safety go to market strategy.
* Support account managers do not have yet knowledge / network / focus on a global level.
* Identify and support highly specialized market segments.
* Lead customer projects which require in depth internal project coordination or custom design on a global level.
* Works closely with Strategy group to develop and implement Go To Market Strategy
* Drive and support combination of Products & Services with specific positioning & technical support needs within the Safety Applications/ADME Tox market
* Lead projects where the technologies /products need extraordinary support due to technical depth or complexity and which the regular Sales Force are not ready to cover individually
* Partner with SMI and GENM Promise Venture on new product development.
* Develop relationships with key thought leaders in the Safety Applications/ADME Tox areas
* Assist in identifying acquisition candidates and/or in-licensing or out-licensing opportunities
* Meet company expectations for overall revenue growth for Safety Applications driven and supported by The Gene Editing Novel Modalities promise venture
* Minimum 10 years leadership experience in Marketing, Sales or relevant business area.
* Current and deep relationship within the ADME/Tox business community
* MBA or advanced business or technical degree required.
* Deep understanding of current Applied Product Line and how development of novel capabilities can be effectively monetized.
* Facilitates the constant flow of new ideas, excitement and energy necessary to maintain a high growth sales environment.
* Understands the crucial interdependencies that allow R&D, Business Development, Quality and Operations to work in an integrated fashion.
* Possesses marketing and business analysis skills to enable effective positioning of the BU in its market space. Specific working knowledge of relevant technologies and their application in the areas of Safety Applications, specifically in the ADME/Tox segment.
* Strategic and visionary, with the operating experience to drive synergies, identify market opportunities and manage cost efficiencies.
* Skilled expert in all matters related to production of Safety Application assays, including gene editing technologies, current industry expectations, and how new products fit into overall product and services offering.
* Must be able to communicate the principles behind highly complex technical decisions to a business-oriented audience to ensure high level understanding and support. Is able to distil multi-phase development projects into basic contributing principles in order to make a case to senior management.
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.