Commercial Electrician 8/15/2016
Helix Electric Inc
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support a few complex commercial projects in Reno, NV at the Tesla Gigafactory, Helix Electric has need for a dynamic Journeyman Electrician. The successful electrician will be part of a production driven team, performing electrical installations and troubleshooting. This position is not a short term project, but seeking career electricians with desire to grow within Helix Electric.
Qualifications of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial settings.
* Experience with controls systems necessary for this position.
* Previous controls experience working with Siemens equipment is a major plus.
* Prepares work area for installation of equipment.
* Installs or helps install electrical components.
* Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job specification.
* Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate. (Note: Powder activated tools, and JLG lifts and other operations that may require certification and training before operating).
* Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
* Be able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install as specified.
* Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or plans.
* Secure and lock up equipment after use.
* Journeyman Trade Certification in a related construction trade will be considered highly desirable.
* A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule and within budget.
* Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain. Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required. Able to work 8 -10 hours per day, 40 - 60 hours per week, and night shfits as required.
Includes crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required. Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job. OSHA 10 is required.
Helix Electric offers an excellent compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous 401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs. For this project there is option of Per Diem for electricians working out of their home area.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor with a strong commitment to environmental awareness and a drug-free workplace.
Helix Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer