Commercial Escrow Officer
First American Title Insurance Company s National Commercial Services division provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, First American traces its history to 1889 and was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Responsible for establishing new commercial escrow accounts and develops escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
For large Commercial transactions:
* Maintain escrow records and files and acts as escrow agent.
* Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned escrow customers and brokers. Provides high level of customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals from existing escrow customers and brokers.
* Maintain records in the escrow accounting system and customer database.
* Opens escrow transactions; develops and/or obtains the appropriate escrow documentation in accordance with policy and procedures and applicable statutory and Federal regulations.
* Manages assigned escrow customers and brokers as their relationship manager; provides customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals for transactions.
* Reviews escrow reports against escrow records to ensure accuracy of posted escrow transactions.
-Must have high school diploma or equivalent
-5+ years related real estate, escrow and/or title experience with 3+ years experience directly handling commercial transactions
-Underwriting and legal knowledge preferred
-Experience working as a real estate attorney preferred
-Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
-Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple actions at once
-Flexibility to re-prioritize based on direction of management
-Ability to read and interpret documents such as escrow, closing, title, operating and procedure manuals
-Strong communication skills to work effectively with customers
-Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment
-Proficient in MS Office