Commercial Estimator / Preconstruction Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Coordinate and perform preconstruction tasks working with current & potential clients, architects, and engineers for assigned projects in a manner consistent with Company policy, procedures and ethical code. Duties to include:
* Attend design meetings.
* Provide the following services to owner/team:
* Document review for Quality, Content, and Constructability
* Develop Value Engineering Ideas
* Define Scopes of Work
* Establish and update Master Schedule with assistance from DOO and PM
* Prepare Budget estimates
* Assist with Permitting process
* Assist with pre-qualifying new subcontractors.
* Research and recruit new sub contractors.
* Assist with contract documents.
* Prepare preliminary budgets and conceptual estimates.
* Schedule and provide weekly updates to the Director of Operations as to the status of each project.
* Utilize Timberline estimating system on all budgets and estimates.
* Full responsibility for bidding process and bid analysis.
* Visit project before, during and after construction.
* Set the agenda and chair the project 'Hand-over" meeting to operations.
* Attend project closeout meetings.
* Coordinate and oversee the delegated responsibilities of others on the project team in the preparation of the estimates and budgets.
SCOPE AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY: Responsible for performing all preconstruction activities where needed for the following services:
* Construction Management
* Negotiated General Contractor
* Hard bid projects.
* Must be a leader with very good written and communication skills.
* Endorse the Company's morals and ethics.
* Adopt Edwards's policies, procedures, and philosophies with regard to ethics and professional relations.
* Have a desire to help others be pro-active in their work and business practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Four-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum and five years experience in estimating, design related activities or project management.
* 10 years experience in estimating, design related activities or project management. Experienced with design-build, construction management, and hard bid projects.
* Experienced in the use of computer-based estimating systems and competent in the use of recognized electronic spreadsheets, word processing and scheduling programs. Ability to gain a good working knowledge of Timberline and CAD.
Job Type: Full-time
* Estimating: 10 years
* Construction Management: 3 years
* Microsoft Office: 3 years