Commercial Install Technician V
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
An Installation Technician is a seasoned commercial systems installer. Installs, services, configures and programs complex systems involving multiple special devices. Provides remote technical support to core commercial installers. May manage installation teams on larger projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installs appropriate devices, dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or the company.
* Conducts service calls and prewires job sites
* Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
* Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
* Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
* Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service. Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
* Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
* May manage installation teams on larger projects.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Minimum 5 year's experience installing and inspecting/repairing Integrated Security or comparable product line.
* Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
* Ability to operate hand and power tools.
* Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb ladder.
* Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
* Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
* Valid driver's license.
The company offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of JCI we can prepare you for a career on a global scale. THE COMAPY IS AN EEO/AA/FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABILITY EMPLOYER.