Commercial Install Technician V (Fayetteville, NC)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
An Installation Technician is a seasoned commercial systems installer. Installs, services, configures and programs complex systems involving multiple special devices. Provides remote technical support to core commercial installers. The work location for this position is: 215 Downing Road, Fayetteville, NC 28301.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installs appropriate devices, dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or the company.
* Conducts service calls and prewires job sites
* Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
* Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
* Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
* Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service. Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
* Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
* May manage installation teams on larger projects.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Minimum 5 year's experience installing and inspecting/repairing Security or comparable product line. PLEASE NOTE ONLY SECURITY INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
* Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
* Ability to operate hand and power tools.
* Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb ladder.
* Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
* Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
* Valid driver's license.
JOHNSON CONTROLS OFFERS A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS PLAN INCLUDING MEDICAL, DENTAL, PRESCRIPTION COVERAGE, FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS, PAID LIFE INSURANCE, MATCHING 401(K), ONGOING TRAINING, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND MORE. AND BECAUSE WE\'RE PART OF JCI AN INTERNATIONAL, WE CAN PREPARE YOU FOR A CAREER ON A GLOBAL SCALE.
JCI IS AN EEO/AA/FEMALE/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABILITY EMPLOYER.
To learn more about the JCI, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com
or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.