Commercial Lines Production Underwriter 8/10/2016
The Carlisle Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY An innovative, well-established, leading distributor of specialty excess and surplus insurance products and services throughout the Northeastern United States, is looking for a COMMERCIAL LINES PRODUCTION UNDERWRITER to work with a first-class team of insurance producers.
* Candidates must have at least two years of Property/Casualty insurance experience
* Responsible for reviewing applications for all lines of commercial insurance to determine underwriting eligibility
* Reviews new and/or renewal business submissions, provide rate quotes for applications, and place acceptable risks with a wide array of carriers
* Through marketing efforts, must develop and solicit prospective new customers and maintain positive relationships with current customers both in and out of the office, as well as handle all client communication and inquiries regarding lines of business
* Responsible for maintaining timely sales and service goals as outlined by the Commercial Lines Manager
* Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, as well as advanced computer/technology skills, and have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
* Highly reputable, family-owned company
* The opportunity to work for a company that is recognized as one of WNY's Best Places to Work nine years in a row
* Competitive compensation and benefits package
* The ability to work independently within a supportive, rewarding, and productive environment
* State-of-the art fitness facility