Commercial Lines Servicing Account Manger (Mid-Large Lines) - SDN Amherst Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Financial Institutions, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Functions:
1. Work independently to assume daily servicing responsibility of assigned client relationships in accordance with agency standards and workflows. Servicing duties include renewals, providing summaries, ordering and issuing binders, certificates, policies, Auto ID cards, proposals, invoicing, and other insurance documents.
2. Conduct consultative conversations with a Commercial client base; establish & maintain carrier relationships
3. Obtain non-marketed renewal quotes from existing carriers, completing renewal processes and handle non-renewal and cancellations for cause
4. Prepare and deliver quotes/proposal's for new business or renewal remarketing. Meet and present such designs and recommendations to the client
5. Negotiate, quote and sell additional lines of coverage to existing clients utilizing the appropriate insurance carriers and understanding the underwriting requirements for each carrier being approached
6. Coordinate with department management on special projects as requested
7. Adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, SDN Compliance Policy
8. Develop and maintain close coordination and teamwork with Producers, team members and others in Commercial Lines department
9. Keep abreast of insurance industry changes, communicates changes to client and team members
10. Commitment to maintaining New York State licensing requirements and in continuing education regarding insurance products and designations.
Required: Associates degree or equivalent education and/or work experience in insurance field.
Required: 3 year Insurance experience in customer service or account management
Preferred: 5 + years Insurance experience in customer service or account management
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: New York State Property/Casualty Brokers License.
Preferred: Specialty Area (if applicable):
1. Relevant knowledge of commercial property and casualty products, documents, procedures
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
3. Experience with agency management systems. Applied / EPIC experience a plus
4. Independence and ability to function well with a team
5. Attention to Detail Methodical yet able to make decisions decisively
6. Strong organizational/time management skills to prioritize workload to meet time sensitive deadlines
7. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
8. Maintain a positive attitude, even in a fast paced environment
9. Must maintain a valid driver's license, or have transportation available when needed to be able to leave for calls, meetings and/or visits
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing "any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense" unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human