Commercial Lines Technical Account Manager - Amherst/SDN Office
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Financial Institutions, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions:
1. Assist in the process of managing accounts in accordance with agency standards and workflows.
2. Develop knowledge of carrier websites
3. Retrieve policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations and other coverage documents through carrier websites, when available.
4. Verify and bill policies, endorsements and audits in accordance with agency procedures. Facilitate corrections when necessary
5. Follow up with insurance carriers for open items such as policies, endorsements and audits.
6. Maintains and update electronic files and agency management system to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information.
7. Assist in sorting mail and scanning pertinent documents to client files in the agency management system.
8. Deliver insurance documents to clients via postal and/or electronic mail pursuant to agency protocols.
9. Request Loss information from carriers or carrier websites. Develop loss summaries using loss information as required by account service needs.
10. Assist in the renewal process by initiating requests for updated exposure information and completion of applications in accordance with department workflows.
11. Prepare Auto ID cards, Certificates of Insurance and other daily service needs as assigned
12. Commitment to continuing education in insurance related topics and /or designations.
13. Develop and maintain close coordination and teamwork with Producers, Servicing Account Manager (SAM) and others in Commercial Lines department
14. Coordinate with department management on special projects as requested.
15. Adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, SDN Compliance Policy
Required: Associates Degree and 1 years related work experience in the insurance industry.
Preferred: 3 + years related work experience in the insurance industry
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: Obtain New York State Brokers License within 12 months of hire.
Preferred: New York State Brokers License.
Competencies: Competencies are the measurable or observable knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviors critical to performing the essential functions of the position. List the competencies required to perform the essential functions for the position.
1. Knowledge of commercial property and casualty products, documents.
2. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel , Outlook
3. Experience with agency management systems. Applied /EPIC experience a plus.
4. Independence and ability to function well with a team.
5. Strong organizational/time management skills to prioritize workload to meet time-sensitive deadline
6. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
7. Maintain a positive attitude ,, even in a fast paced environment
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants will be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
EXTERNAL POSTING FOR
Five Star Bank and its subsidiaries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human