Commercial Lines Technical Trainer (General/Product Liability)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160915-8247-VD
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
Are you a detail oriented professional with proven ability delivering simple or complex technical concepts* If so, please read on
Verisk Insurance Solutions is a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, Verisk provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. Verisk serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world and is an incredibly dynamic place to work.
We are looking for a risk assessment professional with a blend of experience in the field of Commercial Lines Underwriting (e.g. General and Product Liability, Workers Compensation, Completed Operations, and Commercial Fleet) and safety. This position will be responsible for the design, delivery, and continuous improvement of training programs, conduct needs assessments, execute training, develop reinforcements, and evaluate outcomes.
As a Technical Trainer, your abilities to convey a message should only be surpassed by a deep knowledge and experience in your field. Organizational skills, the ability to work independently, and a positive attitude are important qualities that you have to possess. The goal is to promote efficiency and a competitive advantage by developing the skills of personnel.
* Design and deliver training focused on General and Product Liability, Workers Compensation, Completed Operations, and Commercial Fleet lines of insurance coverage.
* Design and deliver continuing development and refresher training.
* Design and make available on-demand, interactive, e-learning modules
* Ongoing, identify and respond to emerging technical training needs.
* Work with managers and mentors to identify and address any deficiencies in trainee performance, assuring highest quality individual and divisional work.
* Assist divisional management in evaluating and interpreting technical standards, procedures, and schedules. Modify and update all training materials in light of changes to technical standards, procedures, and schedules.
* Assist other technical trainers in achieving each of the above.
* Work as part of technical teams with other subject matter experts to provide product and field operations support
The Technical Trainer will be working from home.
* 5-7 years experience in insurer or related commercial property underwriting and analysis, risk management, and loss control.
* Strong knowledge of General and Product Liability, Workers Compensation, Completed Operations, and Commercial Fleet lines of insurance coverage.
* 4+ years of experience in safety: e.g. worksite assessments to determine risks, assessing potential hazards and controls, evaluating risks and hazard control measures.
* Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred; or Associate Safety Professional (ASP) leading to a CSP designation within one year of employment is required.
* Fundamental working knowledge and understanding of State and Federal regulations pertaining to OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA, FMCSA, DOT.
* Excellent training skills, including conducting classroom and virtual classroom sessions.
* Excellent communication skills writing, speaking, and listening and the ability to clearly communicate simple and complex ideas.
* Excellent ability to develop and implement technical training programs related to General and Product Liability loss control and related topics.
* Demonstrated ability to serve as a resource for technical issues and serve as a subject matter expert on technical matters.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks or projects, set priorities, and take lead when needed.
* Proven ability to work in a low supervision environment and successfully meet goals.
* Able to travel as needed in USA (6 trips/year on average).
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent from a four-year university.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click "Submit Now" to apply.
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a work from home program, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
--Applied Actuarial & Analytics/Product Development
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.