Commercial Loan Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Federal Savings Bank
JOB DESCRIPTIONCommercial Loan Officer
This position is responsible for originating and maintain commercial loan relationships and cross-selling other products and services in the Banks' market area. Ensures professional, courteous, and efficient service is given to our customers at all times.
Essential Job Functions
* Originate new commercial loans according to established Bank policy and procedures.
* Meet or exceed established objectives for dollar volumes in originations.
* Follow through each loan, working with the customer, Bank loan processor and attorneys as necessary through to the closing of the loan.
* Interview and counsel commercial loan customers and prospects, at the time and place of their convenience, matching the financing needs of the customer to the various programs offered by the Bank.
* Conduct follow-up calls to all commercial customers to ascertain if the level of customer satisfaction has been met.
* Actively participate in local community business organizations to promote all of the Bank's deposit and credit products and services of the Bank.
* Periodically communicate with customers as appropriate to monitor use of the loan funds and the status of the business to determine if other banking needs exist and to ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
* Work closely with the Senior Commercial Loan Officer to monitor the status of problem loans.
* Help to develop and implement workout strategies as appropriate. Refer all problems or unusual situations to the Senior Commercial Loan Officer.
* Monitor market trends relating to competition, commercial products and rates, advertising programs, etc. Report and make recommendations as appropriate.
* Prepare and present reports on commercial activities, origination volume and performance against goals, CRA activities, etc. according to established requirements and schedules.
* Refer prospective customers to other Bank staff members as appropriate.
* Ensures that Quality Customer Service standards are consistently achieved.
* Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with Federal and State banking regulations and adheres to all Bank policies and procedures.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
* Performs additional duties as requested.
* Participate in Loan Officers Review Committee and other staff meetings as required.
* Actively participate in industry trade group meetings and educational programs to remain abreast of current issues and requirements affecting the Bank operations and job performance.
* Bachelor's degree with concentration in business or finance and/or equivalent work experience.
* Five to seven years more years experience in all aspects of commercial loan origination and sales management, with experience in SBA lending.
Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills. * Strong computer skills and familiarity with various software programs.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
* Physical surroundings are pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards with moderate level of noise.
* Physical effort required; normally sitting with the freedom of movement on a regular basis.
* Must be able to drive, possess a valid driver's license, have the use of a serviceable automobile that is properly registered with proper liability insurance as required by law.
* Must be able to travel to varied locations to perform job responsibilities.
* Must be able to work cooperatively with others.
Federal Savings Bank is an equal opportunity employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring, promotion, or other employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, color, pregnancy, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, protected veteran or military status, or any other basis protected by law. Disabled applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.