- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Commercial Loan Review Manager
With the support of the Commercial Senior Risk Officer, the Commercial Loan Review Manager will lead the internal Commercial Loan Review function, which will based on a comprehensive risk assessment, execute reviews within the scope period credit approvals as well as portfolio monitoring activities including periodic customer reviews and concentration management.
The Commercial Loan Review Manager will also conduct periodic reviews of lending policies in the Commercial Division to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance and overall credit risk appetite.
* Based on appropriate test sampling methodologies perform reviews on loan relationships and segments within responsible lending areas. These reviews will include the independent review of loans for confirmation of compliance to internal policies, procedures, authorities, appropriate risk rating, accrual status classification, regulatory requirements, loan documentation accuracy and data integrity as well as recommend changes in risk rating and accounting treatments as necessary.
* Participate in various internal credit committees and forums or other ad hoc venues to ensure compliance with lending policies and overall credit risk appetite. Escalate issues or concerns to the Senior Risk Officer or the Chief Credit Officer.
* Create and maintain a process that will provide timely reviews on a periodic basis of associated business units; establish and maintain a minimum work paper standard and ensure adequate coverage of all associated business units.
* Review all workpapers for completeness and accuracy as well as conduct reperformance on a statistically relevant sample of the workpapers in each review.
* Identify and advocate best practices as it relates to the underwriting process, including assisting with the creation of common definitions and procedures across associated business units.
* Provide appropriate feedback and guidance to management to address any issues identified.
* Prepare presentations, reports, charts, and other materials in support of loan review activities for presentation to Senior Management, associated Credit Committees, and other internal and external audiences.
* People management responsibilities including providing timely feedback on workpapers, coaching and training to expanded knowledge of various commercial lending businesses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* A thorough understanding of the various types of commercial lending, common lending practices and procedures, and associated loan documentation.
* Strong familiarity with bank regulatory and compliance standards.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Solid credit underwriting and analytical capabilities.
* Sound decision-making ability, taking into consideration a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
* Ability to learn quickly when faced with new problems.
* Ability to look beyond the obvious and not stop at the first answers.
* Process management skills, including the ability to organize people and activities.
* Ability to provide current, direct, complete and actionable feedback to others, both positive and negative including direct reports and senior management
* Ability to balance market conditions and sound credit practices when providing feedback to line of business.
* Strong organization skills, including the ability to marshal resources to get things done.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks in a time critical environment.
* Strong verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
* Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to raise issues to senior management and the ability to build appropriate rapport with all kinds of people-up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor degree required.
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in a senior role within Credit, Portfolio Management, or Loan Review is required.
* Formal bank credit training or equivalent, preferred.
* Familiarity with commercial bank loan accounting conventions.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.
For more information about the benefits we offer, please visit https://www.abouteverbank.com/careers/benefits.aspx.