Commercial Loan Underwriter 2 9/2/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY From humble beginnings in its founding in 2001, Westfield Bank has become one of the leading financial institutions in Northeast Ohio. With a Five-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, the bank provides comprehensive personal, business, and agency banking products and services. Supported by Westfield Insurance, one of the nation s 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, Westfield Bank has grown to manage more than $1 billion in assets. The group s motto is Sharing Knowledge. Building Trust. a message and commitment lived out each day by employees across the country. The center of the bank s business model revolves not around profits or numbers, but through personal relationships and close contact with its customers. All Westfield companies stress the importance of hiring quality employees, as well as developing them and empowering each employee to be the best they can be, both in their work and in their life. As an employee of Westfield Bank, you will have the opportunity to not only create peace of mind for our customers, but to grow your career in one of the best workplaces in Northeast Ohio.
COMMERCIAL LOAN UNDERWRITER 2 JOB SUMMARY
Salary Range: $45,915.00-$52,802.00-$59,690.00
The Commercial Loan Underwriter 2 is responsible to gather, analyze and verify financial status and general business information pertaining to existing customer and prospective loan requests with moderate supervision. This job performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions: including input to loan decision process, recommends credit solutions that add value to the Customer, and support of the bank commercial lending team. Prepares annual portfolio reviews, reports, and other activities of the credit function for Westfield Bank.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND/OR REASONS THE JOB EXISTS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Gathers, analyzes, and verifies financial status and general business information pertaining to existing customer and prospective loan requests. Investigates and verifies financial status and creditworthiness of customers applying for credit.
* Performs financial analyses by reviewing and evaluating applications, analyzing financial information, substantiating data, and formulating recommendations in order to determine credit validity. Prepares financial statement spreads, risk rating, cash flow, covenant compliance testing, collateral analyses, credit presentation document, etc. for approval. Contacts borrowers to request current financial information if necessary.
* Analyzes various data to efficiently and effectively reach conclusion on degree of risk associated with extension of credit. Identifies criticized loans.
* Typically analyzes new money requests up to aggregate of $2.5 million.
* Typically analyzes line of credit renewals between $1 million and $2.5 million in aggregate debt.
* Prepares annual portfolio review, reports, and other activities of the credit function. Proactively reviews portfolio for line of credit renewals, and future maturities.
* Organizes necessary documentation to substantiate findings and presents recommendation of rejection or approval of applications.
* May accompany lenders on customer visits or contact borrowers and CPA s during underwriting process for information.
* Prepares and reviews weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports in a timely manner to be distributed to Bank directors and officers.
* Demonstrates working knowledge and adherence to Bank credit policies.
* Maintains measurements, reporting, and other activities to ensure policies, procedures, marketing materials, and staff are in compliance with all state and federal laws (such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, etc.), OCC regulations, etc.
* Maintains and supports programs, systems, and software associated with lending function.
* Maintains awareness, understanding, and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws, and regulations appropriate for this position.
* Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
* Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Minimum of 3 years experience in a commercial credit function for a financial services organization.
* Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in analyzing financial information (tax returns, financial statements, etc.) and credit scoring tools/methodologies.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Business or commensurate experience.
* Proven ability to work with confidential information.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word) or other transferable software packages.
* Demonstrated strong oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels of bank personnel and external contacts.
* Demonstrated strong customer service orientation, attention to detail, and adaptability to various situations.
* Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company policy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, email, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Bank.
To learn more about Westfield Bank and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfield-bank.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.