Commercial Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/24/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
The role of the Commercial Product Manger is to work with and collaborate with Plant Management to lead plant in continuous improvement of profitability in Kill, Cut, and Conversion departments. The main responsibilities for this position includes making sure cutting instructions are being followed to maximize profitability and monitoring performance of primal yields, primal values, offal yields, offal values, and Cut and Conversion variances.
* Identify and recommend opportunities for yield and value improvement and cut and conversion profit improvement.
* Lead teams in identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
* Insure cutting and trimming instructions are followed.
* Lead analytical studies targeting industrial process improvement.
Analysis and Measurement Systems
* Create reports to measure yield value and profit performance.Analyze performance metrics and data, understand, and apply the numbers, explain discrepancies and address all cutting standards and systems using fact-based metrics.
* Work closely with production management and quality assurance. These are the two groups that are most affected by changes to cutting and this position has to communicate clearly and effectively with each.
* Work closely with other plants to identify profit opportunities.
* Travel to processing plants in (within the Smithfield locations) to compare and benchmark operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
* 2+ years of relevant and related experiences
* Ability to work closely with all internal customers, primarily plant and Quality Assurance management.
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite and familiarity with manufacturing processes.
* Ability to work with and/or lead a cross functional team on special projects.
* Comprehensive knowledge of pork cutting and processing.
* Problem Solving and analytical skills.
* Interpersonal and communication [verbal and written] skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Potentially cold temperatures in certain areas of a plant
* Wet Floors
* Moving Equipment and sharp objects
* General manufacturing plant environment including forklift and hand truck traffic
* Potential hog harvest environment including blood, viscera and livestock