Commercial Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* Commercial Product Marketing Manager
* - Based on a strong knowledge of trends in the industry affect the strategy/direction of the product line/line of services or solutions - Suggest strategy changes internally and with external partners - Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/ solutions - Improve processes affecting their workgroup and interfaces; e.g., forecast system, obsolesces process with retailers - Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners Regional:
- Regularly recommend product/ service/solution strategic direction to senior management - Often create innovative solutions to enhance sales of the product lines or line of services/solutions - Seen by sales team as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners - Influences at the senior vice president and above level- Manage product through the development, launch and sustaining activities.
- Ensure the successful introduction of new products by actively managing and tracking the operational go-to-market elements. Will work closely with Category Managers, Product Engineering, Product Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations and Regional Marketing teams.
- Deliver consistent and accurate marketing deliverables which accurately position our products and highlight customer benefits
- Coordinate cross-platform activities for platforms in development and sustaining including cross-platform region requests, commodity planning, and IUR planning
- Deliver organized, predictable & consistent platform communications regarding product schedules, out of cycle updates, issues, and product lifecycles.
- Support and coordinate sustaining product activities.
- Represent Commercial Desktops at key events and customer briefings.
* _Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
_ Product Lifecycle Management /Understands and applies lifecycle methodology to accomplish work objectives/ Marketing Resources /Uses HP and industry marketing resources expertly to access and apply relevant data or information in development or decision making/ HP Marketing Strategy /Understands and effectively integrates HP's strategic marketing direction with task-oriented goals and initiatives/ HP Marketing Partners /Understands HP's marketing partners and their specific contribution to achieving HP's marketing goals/Problem Solving /Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution/Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Up to 5 years in product marketing fundamentals - Strong leadership capabilities - Minimum 1 year work experience in a general marketing function beyond Product Marketing // Qualifications- Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree,
* Master's (graduate)degree in Business Administration, Marketing or non-business/technical field of study preferred- Demonstrated drive, confidence and risk taking
- Business acumen - ability to manage budgets
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade
- Additional Skills Required:
teamwork, interpersonal, organization and time management, IT tools usage, initiative, creativity, leadership, concise & proactive communication, execution focused, and excellent presentation skills
- Experience and knowledge includes:
marketing experience, product management experience, familiar with product solutions, strong technical and sales skills, understanding of customer needs, broad knowledge of marketing and program implementation, knowledge of competitor's product offerings, knowledge of industry norms and opportunities, understanding of product life cycle, in depth knowledge of marketing elements (product, pricing, promotion, and positioning), working closely with senior management. Fluency in English.*
* Commercial Product Marketing Manager
* Requisition ID:
* Other Locations:
* United States-California-Palo Alto