Commercial Property Inspector (Insurance Loss Control) - Knoxville, TN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Verisk Insurance Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160825-8161-VD
Company Name: Verisk Insurance Solutions
Verisk Insurance Solutions is a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, Verisk provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. Verisk serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world and is an incredibly dynamic place to work.
If you are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in the field and meeting people, then we have a terrific position for you to conduct commercial property inspections in Knoxville, TN. Your major responsibilities will involve:
* Completing commercial properties surveys
* Scheduling appointments
* Traveling to property sites
* Gathering underwriting information
* Completing the appropriate form via a computer
* Calculating square footage
* Drawing CAD diagrams and taking digital photos
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
* Knowledge of commercial lines underwriting and loss control concepts
* Prior experience conducting surveys - commercial property, inland marine, construction, commercial automobile, or workers compensation
* Ability to observe, examine, measure, inspect, gather data, and describe all aspects of a property/building/business under exposure to various weather conditions (cold, heat, rain, snow, etc.) and with occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds and climbing of stairs and ladders, accessing building roofs, and working in all type of neighborhoods and environments
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel CAD experience a plus
* Ability to work independently
* Strong work ethic
* Valid driver s license
The position requires some overnight travel, and you will work from your office at home to complete all work assignments.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please submit your application first by hitting Submit Now! .
We offer a competitive salary, benefits package which includes medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k), and a company car. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.
Verisk is an equal opportunity employer.
Field Representatives, --Loss Control, --Property Inspection
Associate (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.