Commercial Sales Manager - Pittsburgh, PA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
The strategic position of Commercial Sales Manager is critical to our success as a sales organization. Providing leadership, direction, and collaboration for all Commercial Development Specialists within the assigned region, the Sales Manager provides development and growth opportunities, customer relationships, and event participation in support of business goals and objectives.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
* Present the "first impression," continually delivering the Gordon Food Service story and image to all of our customers
* Oversee development of business plans for territories and customers
* Assist with new account development, visiting Category Specialists and Customer Segment Leaders to build relationships
* Collaborate with operation teams to ensure customer service expectations are met
* Provide development and mentoring opportunities for all direct reports including succession plans, goal management, and achievement of results
* Conduct semi-annual reviews of performance, ensuring Commercial Development Specialists meet requirements, are offered necessary training, and coaching as needed
* Review all weekly and monthly reports to improve sales, margins, and account receivables identifying problems and solutions to achieve optimum progress
* Participate in food shows, regional customer events, customer segment shows and customer trips
* Plan and facilitate regional sales meeting and activities
* Collaborate with the Regional Manager with regard to budgets, goals, and progress
* Responsible for the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retention of all sales staff for the territory
* Demonstrate ability to be a strategic thinker, innovative planner, and how you use creativity to build relationships, network, and link resources
* Enthusiastic about meeting the diverse needs of our valued customers
* High school diploma or GED equivalent - required
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, or Marketing - preferred
* Must maintain a valid state Driver's License and safe driving record
* Four to Six years previous sales or business experience with an understanding of segment needs and customer requirements
* Demonstrate strong leadership skills focusing on evaluation, feedback, and training
* Ability to develop profitability models and other analytical tools
* Effective presentation, time management, and collaboration skills
* Comprehensive communication skills
* Exceed sales goal achievement and performance measurements
* Must be able to travel extensively throughout the region
Here's what you can expect to gain in this role:
* Culture of integrity and respect
* Security and benefits for your family, health, and future
* Importance of family and personal life
* Career development and mentor programs
* Opportunities for advancement
* Servant leadership
* Rewards for performance
Be part of an amazing culture where together we make it happen!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a GFS customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not! Click here for more details.
Why Work for Gordon Food Service? Gordon Food Service Stewardship Report
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.