Commercial Security Installer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
An Installation Technician is a seasoned commercial systems installer. Installs, services, configures and programs complex systems involving multiple special devices. Provides remote technical support to core commercial installers. May manage installation teams on larger projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installs appropriate devices, dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or Tyco Integrated Security.
* Conducts service calls and prewires job sites
* Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
* Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
* Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
* Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service. Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
* Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
* May manage installation teams on larger projects.
* A high school diploma or G.E.D.
* Some technical school training is a plus.
* 5 years electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
* Ability to operate hand and power tools.
* Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
* Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.