Commercial Service & Installation Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
A Service & Installation Technician is a troubleshooter and service expert for commercial businesses. This technician works onsite with our commercial customers to set up and program their fire and security systems (Video Cameras, Burglar Alarms, Access Control Systems, Fire Alarm Systems). He/she alleviates concerns the customer may have regarding a security system. Advises customers and the customer care center of the status of systems and processes inspections.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring.
* Installs appropriate devices, dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by the customer or company
* Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
* Read blueprints, building and electrical plans in order to complete equipment repairs.
* Prepare trouble order forms to report temporary repairs.
* Coordinate inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
* Service and repair Commercial security/Fire Alarm/CCTV/Card Access systems
* HS Diploma or GED
* Minimum 2 years experience installing and inspecting/repairing Tyco Integrated Security or comparable product line.
* Electrical/Electronic background
* Excellent communication skills
* Valid driver's license required.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.