Equipment Repair Technician 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
Our Equipment Mechanics are the representatives of Tennant Company, working with our customers to deliver solutions that create a cleaner safer world. Working at our customer's facility, the Equipment Mechanic will maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs on Tennant products, and provide quality customer service and communication to minimize costs and ensure satisfaction with Tennant products.
Essential Job Functions:
* Responsible for repair and service on commercial floor care machines. Primarily servicing Tennant products but may also include some competitive products.
* Responsible for scheduling-work and repairing products at customer locations.
* Satisfy in a timely and complete fashion, all business reporting documentation including but not limited to: timesheets, repair orders, machine checklists, receiving records, expense reports, and repair order logs.
* Receive incoming parts orders, verify quantities, store material in proper service truck bin location, assign and adjust bin locations, and ensure that excess inventory is purge.
* Advise the customer of his/her present and/or future service needs.
* Estimate machine repair requirements and prepare necessary data to provide an accurate repair quote to the customer, including labor and trip charges.
* Responsible for effectively scheduling time and arranging customer service calls to maintain effective customer service.
* Advise sales representatives of potential customer applications for equipment replacements or additions.
* Consistently present a professional image, both in personal appearance and condition of company equipment.
* Install commercial products to satisfy national accounts and regional account requirements.
Required Skills and Competencies
* Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
* Ability to safely use hand and power shop tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices.
* Troubleshooting and repair skills in mechanical and electrical systems.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to understand and fill out service-related documents and paperwork.
* Proven ability to multi-task and organize workload effectively.
* Previous customer service experience strongly recommended.
* Ability to adapt to a variety of environments, customer-needs, and instructions.
* Inventory management skills.
* Good estimating skills.
* Must be able to wear safety shoes and glasses
Required Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Vocational school a plus
* Valid driver's license plus meet Tennant Company driving policy requirements.
* Experience working in direct contact with customers on service-related activities preferred.
* Must display positive attitude and desire to satisfy customer requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.