Commercial Title Examiner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is a leading provider of title insurance and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries, that traces its heritage back to 1889. First American and its affiliated companies also provide title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. With revenues of $3.8 billion in 2011, the company offers its products and services directly and through its agents and partners in all 50 states and abroad. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com.
The Commercial Title Examiner provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The Company s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. Projects undertaken can range from simple parcels requiring a few hours of production time to multi-million dollar commercial properties that may take days or even weeks to complete.
* Abstracts and analyzes records, such as leases, subleases, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plot and map books. Determines ownership and legal restrictions to verify legal description of property and completeness of records that may cross county lines.
* Resolves most issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
* Prepares initial title commitment documentation based on the application of procedural guidelines
* Prepares and reviews reports for accuracy
* May provide underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
* Assignments vary in complexity
* Has some latitude for un-reviewed action or decision
* Works independently for most aspects of the job
* Exercises judgment within defined policies and procedures
* Escalates issues to more experienced Title Examiners
*NJ examining experience required.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 3+ years directly related experience
* Detail / quality orientation
* Analytical review skills
* Research skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Customer service orientation
* Standard MS skill set