Commercial Underwriting Supervisor 8/20/2016
The Carlisle Group
Bel Air, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITING SUPERVISOR
Seeking a COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITING SUPERVISOR to manage a staff of underwriters and underwriting assistants tasked with meeting profit and production goals of their assigned agents. The Underwriting Supervisor will manage the day-to-day activities of their team and report to an Underwriting Director.
* This person is responsible for the handling of the day-to-day activities of the commercial underwriters, underwriting assistants, and underwriting technicians
* This person will develop the knowledge and skill level of direct reports through daily coaching and training activities.
* Monitor underwriting and pricing decisions of staff via periodic quality audits, and handle referrals on underwriting and pricing that falls outside their staff's authority.
* This person will ensure the compliance with all state insurance laws and regulations.
* This person will ensure the compliance with all service and underwriting guidelines and take corrective action when necessary.
* This person will work with Loss Control to ensure that programs and riskinspections are properly integrated into the underwriting process.
* This person will participate in the hiring and termination of personnel. Annual performance evaluations on direct reports will be completed.
* This person will strive to develop strong agency relationships for the purpose of premium growth and profitability.
* This person will be responsible for monitoring and correcting any workflow issues.
* This person will strive to achieve established premium growth and loss ratio goals, through the development of action plans and the providing of clear direction.
* Bachelor's degree in business related field, or equivalent education.
* Minimum of 5years of experience in commercial underwriting.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to make independent, informed decisions.
* Completion of industry designation such as CPCU or AU, or willingness to expand knowledge by successful completion of such a program.
* Health, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage.
* Flexible spending accounts.
* 401(k) Plan.
* Vacation, Sick and personal leave.
* Group Term Life.
* Short/Long Term Disability.
* Sponsorship for insurance industry courses.
* Business Casual dress code.