This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Return to Previous Page
RTI s Innovation Advisors (IA) supports clients across the full innovation continuum, from early-stage R&D to commercialization. Our insightful analyses contribute to a solid understanding and development of the value proposition of a technology and allow our clients to make informed decisions on their commercialization strategies and investments. IA serves corporate, university, and government clients as innovation and technology advisors.
RTI seeks to hire a Commercialization Manager to support RTI s technology commercialization and licensing practice. The individual will be part of RTI s Innovation Advisors which offers innovation management and technology commercialization services to universities, companies, and governments globally.
The individual will primarily function as (1) a Sr. Innovation Advisor to RTI s external clients; and will also (2) serve as team lead for a team of commercialization professionals driving to improve RTI s commercialization services.
In support of the first role, the individual will support/lead the identification, assessment, planning, and implementation of commercialization projects. In many cases the individual will also support projects by evaluating new technologies market potential or licensing options, and conducting a valuation analysis to inform intellectual property (IP) strategy and business model development. Where opportunities are created, the individual will also structure and negotiate associated deals and ultimately drive for successful partnerships.
This position requires an individual who is a team player that exhibits independent initiative and judgment. The successful candidate will excel at managing/coordinating multiple responsibilities and complex projects, leveraging the talent of their team and other support globally. It is essential that this be a positive, outgoing individual who can work successfully with inventors, clients, and peer staff. A comprehensive array of interpersonal relationship and communication skills are required. This individual's qualities should include adaptability, resourcefulness, creativity within a fast-paced environment, and excellent problem solving skills. The employee must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills, managerial competency, and an ability to work cooperatively with many diverse groups.
* Interact with funding agencies/foundations, R&D teams, and inventors to consider and plan for commercialization support
* Work directly with inventors and clients, to identify and evaluate new technologies from an IP management or commercialization perspective. Perform independent evaluations and make recommendations related to path to market, licensing, start-ups, etc. Plan for and execute marketing plans and activities to identify partnership opportunities and derive maximum benefit. Support and/or lead negotiations and development of key agreements.
* Bachelor's level degree in a life science, or physical science/engineering discipline
* 10 years of experience in the business practices relating to technology commercialization and the licensing of intellectual property, including start-ups.
* Strong written and verbal skills, as well as project management skills required.
* Experience managing clients and ability to adapt and manage through change.
* Advanced degree in business, life science, or physical science/engineering discipline
* 15+ years of experience relating to commercialization including direct experience in managing technologies into application, that may have included licensing IP, and start-ups.
* Experience and ability to evaluate, develop, value, manage, market, exploit and/or license technologies/inventions efficiently.
RTI International is one of the world s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 2,800 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at www.rti.org/jobs
Return to Previous Page