This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Brady Trane Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: The Commissioning Manager manages all commissioning (Cx) related activities on energy services projects, from development through Measurement & Verification (M&V), with direct responsibility for managing the commissioning process at the end of each project to ensure clean transition into the M&V phase. Serves as a QA/QC lead and resource for the entirety of the Energy Services & Controls (ES&C) Strategic Business Unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Coordinate with the engineering team and fulfillment team as necessary to develop all aspects of the project commissioning plan
* Supervise the development team members while performing commissioning related tasks to document the design intent.
* Develop and oversee the Cx and TAB Plans, including schedules and budgets, for each project.
* Conduct meetings, as appropriate, where the commissioning process is reviewed with the Owner, fulfillment team, the commissioning team members, and subcontractors
* Review submittals and drawings, including controls sequences, pertaining to Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) designated for commissioning to ensure the scopes of all ECMs meet project requirements and design intent for savings and comfort
* Develop and maintain a master deficiency and resolution log throughout the project.
* Oversee all pre-functional, functional performance, and integrated systems testing required to ensure design intent is achieved
* Complete all required Cx reports throughout the project lifespan
* Task-specific supervision of subcontractors and internal Brady assets as required to perform Cx activities.
* Oversee and coordinate all external, 3rd Party Cx Agents. Supervise any Brady Cx Engineers as may be hired in the future.
* Develop and oversee the implementation of the Owner's Startup Training Plan prior to project close-out.
* Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our customers effectively and communicate this feedback with the ES&C leadership team.
* Coordinate with M&V team to maximize synergies between teams, and ensure a successful transition from Fulfillment Phase to M&V Phase
* Work with QA Program Leader to develop and maintain a relevant Cx Process for Brady Work with Director of Quality Assurance to develop and maintain a relevant Cx Process for Brady, including the creation and updating of SOPs as required.
* Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends as required
* Some travel with occasional overnight stays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Associate's degree in Engineering, Building Services or HVAC-R required, Bachelor's preferred;
* Minimum 3 years of experience in commissioning or Controls (engineer, programmer, technician), an additional 2 years of experience in HVAC or Mechanical Engineering in the HVAC industry required.
* Demonstrate knowledge of all types of building mechanical, electrical and automation systems, their interdependence/interconnection, and their potential impact on ECMs, energy savings, and building operations
* Demonstrate knowledge of Cx and TAB practices and procedures
* Knowledge of control systems programming preferred
COMPUTER SKILLS: Intermediate level of skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required, basic knowledge of MS Project and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Standard/Pro, Procore Project Management software preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver License , Building Cx certification required (e.g., CBCP, EBCP, CCP, CxA, ACP, CxT, etc.) or ability to obtain required certification within ninety da