This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 4/13/2017
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCommodity Intern
The Commodity Intern is a member of the Ducommun corporate supply chain management team with responsibility to align with business goals, meet and exceed cost improvement goals, and ensure product quality, delivery and inventory objectives are met. Be able to support Ducommun's multiple operational centers to ensure communications flow, and promotes and supports cultural change for the success of projects.
Looking for a dynamic and strategic thinker to contribute to the development of processes and practices to maximize efficiencies in pursuit of the above; Must be able rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The Commodity Intern directly reports to and works under supervision of the Directors of Supply Chain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in collaborative cross-functional teams that resolve issues with particular commodities and/or suppliers
* Collaborate with other supply chain leaders, program management, and engineering stakeholders to categorize, prioritize and align commodity categories with appropriate sources of supply
* Provide continuing support for internal supply chain customers
* Serve as interface to suppliers
* Participate in the formal assessment and qualification of supply partners
* Evaluate strategies and roadmaps
* Perform administrative and data management functions
Skills & Qualifications
* Business acumen
* Demonstrated leadership and team building experience
* Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
* Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
* Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and unstructured, entrepreneurial environment where growth and professionalism will be achieved largely through creativity, high integrity, reasoned and thoughtful judgment, sense of urgency, a balance between strategic and tactical skills and a willingness to roll up the sleeves.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ACCESS, etc.) with an expertise in Excel
* Familiarity with ERP systems a plus
* Other duties may be assigned
* College coursework in pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree
* Understanding of engineering drawings, bills of material and planning/manufacturing routings