This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe have been retained by a prestigious consumer goods company in the Detroit Metro area to recruit for a Commodity Manager. We are looking for individuals with "world class" sourcing experience and quantifiable success with cost savings and implementing a formal sourcing process.
The Commodity managers will be responsible for 60-80 million in annual spend for their specific category. This role will entail a tremendous amount of cross-functional interface, especially as it relates to NPI.
The desired background / experience for these individuals are:
* BS degree from an accredited campus based University, preference for an MBA
* 10 + years' experience in procurement with at least 5 being in strategic sourcing
* Experience in a manufacturing company and have an understanding of TCO
* 50 million + in annual commodity spend in an assigned category
* The ability to lead the commodity strategy using a defined sourcing process
* Quantifiable success with regards to cost reductions and supplier consolidation
Our client is an EEOC employer and offer an excellent benefits package, as well as a team focused work environment. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidates.