Commodity Manager 9/6/2016
FPC of Savannah
Palm Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FPC of Savannah is currently seeking out a talented Commodity Manager for a leading manufacturing client in Florida.
The Commodity Manager's responsiblilities will be to manage all core commodity-management activities for an assigned commodity. The Commodity Manager will develop key strategies, standards and plans for core commodity management as it applies to strategic direction and business needs. The Commodity Manager will also assess industry directions and standards, achieving maximum cost effectiveness and flexibility across the global organization.
* Provide strategic leadership and oversight for sourcing category to maximize business value and results. Core responsibilities include operational and spend analysis, sourcing strategies, supplier leadership, supplier performance & operational support and to drive continual supply chain integration with all business units.
* Utilizing the supply chain standard work & tools, and in cooperation with the regional and operations teams, lead the creation of a clear commodity strategy, including supplier responsibility, spend rationalization objectives & productivity initiatives at the global and/or regional levels.
* Lead the development and deployment of global supplier strategies, in cooperation with regional & operations teams, engineering and technology leaders to drive value through global supplier management, spend leverage, cost reduction projects, and standard work.
* Develop and lead projects to support the commodity and supplier strategies, and provide program leadership to ensure on-time completion with solid business results.
* 4-year College Degree
* Experience sourcing Electro-mechanical commodities
* Experience with direct spends of over $100 million annually