This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Management Recruiters of Richmond
JOB DESCRIPTIONPhoenix, Arizona area
This firm is an industry leader and producer of sophisticated electronic products for commercial users. Not only are they a force in the US but also well into a plan to strategically penetrate European markets. With success comes new challenges and creates the need for expansion of its team of Commodity Managers. This group is chartered to manage the supply base, negotiate contracts, and optimize vendor performance for quality, on time delivery, cost, technological/manufacturing innovation, and continuous improvement. As the expert for a commodity group, the role manages supplier inventory levels utilizing supplier Kanban, consignment, and persistent negotiation on supplier lead times and minimum order quantities. Commodity Manager roles are viewed as developmental assignments to develop talent advancement within the procurement/supply chain function.
Our client's culture is very fast-paced. The team is an accomplished group that thrives on the debate of progressive solutions. This position is located at Corporate Headquarters with high exposure to corporate leadership.
Requirements from our client include:
* Bachelors degree in Supply Chain/Logistics or related major
* Masters degree or progress toward Masters/MBA attainment
* Minimum three years of experience within a manufacturing environment.
* Minimum three years experience in purchasing and/or planning
* At least year experience dealing with international suppliers
* Superior communications skills are critical for effectiveness with corporate leadership, peers, and vendor management
* Client appreciates APICS or ISMcertiifications
* Client prefers prior experience with design/fabrication/build of precision electronic products