This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 3/9/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Commodity Manager develops strategic relationships with key suppliers and ensure current and future performance meets expectations. Will work closely with both strategic & operational teams to identify, develop and deliver effective commodity strategies which will support the future needs of MPC. Will develop method for effective ongoing performance measurement and communication process with key suppliers and support operational teams with resolution of performance issues.
Job Core Responsibilities
* As part of the Supply Chain team, will work to achieve target Cost, Quality & Delivery performance
* Manage suppliers and build long-term business relationships
* Develop and maintain effective communications with key suppliers
* Develop and deploy effective commodity strategies to meet long term strategic business objectives
* Align and manage MPC supplier key measures of performance
* Develop risk analysis and mitigation tools to include long term stability of key suppliers
* Develop long-term supplier agreements and price agreements to support yearly QCD improvements
* Partner with internal/ external stakeholders to develop more effective Supply Chain management processes
* Understand and take advantage of new technologies in Manufacturing and Product and work closely with Engineering/Sales of development of NPI processes
* Promote supplier development and continuous improvement initiatives and support ongoing supply chain performance improvement
* Minimum 5 year experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain
* Demonstrated experience negotiating and formulating supply contracts to support business requirements
* Demonstrated work experience in Aerospace or high technology industry preferred
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Proficient with MS Office Suite and ERP systems
* Occasional travel (domestic or international) up to 40%
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.