Commodity Manager 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Commodity Manager - Chemicals & Additives - 01499
This person will develop and oversee the procurement and supply chain function to support the Chemicals & Additives category. He/She will act as the North American sourcing lead for the respective category in that the position will assist in the development and implementation of the Global & Regional sourcing strategy in conjunction with the Director of procurement-TNA, and will manage those supplier relationships as related to regional needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Work with the Director of Purchasing -TNA to create and implement a plan to develop & manage the procurement activities
* Understand specific raw material portfolio, suppliers, markets, and upstream derivatives in order to effectively source and procure materials to support and the business needs
* Collaborate with and support other TNA Commodity Managers in respect to their portfolios and seek out and capture synergies
* Prepare and participate in strong negotiations to support local, regional, and global sourcing strategies through conducting market analysis, have good understanding of global, regional and local markets, white papers, and translate to strategy
* Responsible for tracking & managing category inventory related to category in conjunction with TNA plants & the business
* Responsible for pricing and regular review of the Purchase Price Variance (PPV) report from SAP, to resolve discrepancies related to plant and portfolio purchasing.
* Assist in developing and maintaining a Quality and Supplier Management system for TNA in regards to portfolio, that would include Corrective Action Requests and Supplier Scorecards for plant-related suppliers, and support regional and global Supplier scorecards as well as OTD, RM Specifications, NCM
* Responsible for contract development, routing, implementation, & maintenance with the Global and Regional Procurement Team as required by internal controls
* Manage portfolio-specific raw materials, supplier relationships, supplier quality management, contracts and negotiations to ensure best total cost of ownership, quality, and on-time delivery and effectively use the RFP/ RFQ process
* Facilitate raw material projects across appropriate plant functional areas from start to completion, to include proper communication to suppliers, identification of metrics with measurement of success.
* Collaborate with appropriate plant functional areas and TNA Procurement Team members to effectively identify synergies & cost savings opportunities, and drive the opportunities to completion, with measurable revenue recognition.
* Issue daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to management, including budgets, raw material forecasts, cost savings, information regarding cross-plant synergies, purchased volumes, and others as required.
* Support organizational goals and objectives of management, while acting as a positive change agent
* Proficiently use SAP and other ERP and operating systems and software to effectively support this position.
* Maintain and update portfolio related supplier pricing and supplier information.
* Assist in preparing presentations by gathering information, data, and creating charts
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDING EDUCATION)
* Bachelor's degreerequired
* 7-10 years of Procurement or Related experience in a manufacturing setting
* Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
* Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills
* Proven Leadership skills & solution provider
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Understanding of preparing and maintaining budgets
* Proven project management skills with effective use of resources and completion and measuring of project success
* Ability to work collaboratively and within teams
* Demonstrated abilities to identify and capture synergies
* Broad understanding of contracts and laws
* Strong Organizational skills
* Proven problem solving and follow-up skills
* Master's Degree in related field, Petrochemical, Engineering and/or Business background preferred
* Polymer/Chemical/Engineering experience
* Excellent Influence Management
* Strong working knowledge of SAP
* Compliance Training
* Microsoft Office with advanced Excel and Power Point knowledge
* Understanding and experience of RFI, RFP, & RFQ processes
* Electronic sourcing and Procurement Tools - Ariba, Zycus, Auctions, E-events
* Experience working in a multi-national / multi-cultural organization