Commodity Risk Management Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
Dairy Farmers of America
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
* Bring value to DFA by connecting with DFA members, internal plants, internal divisions and commercial customers, serving as an educator and partner to help them understand agricultural markets and price risk management tools.
* Opportunity to develop a better understanding of DFA's business, programs, services and philosophy while learning commodity risk management and gaining exposure to the national and global dairy industry.
* Build meaningful relationships within the DFA Risk Management team and across DFA.
* As the largest dairy company in the U.S., DFA impacts people at every point of the supply chain, from farmers to consumers. Opportunities for personal and professional growth and development are substantial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Connect with DFA members, internal plants and or commercial customers, serving as an educator and partner to help them understand agricultural commodity markets and price risk management tools.
* Stay current on market conditions and translate the information to DFA Risk Management's client base while contributing to DFA market publications.
* Execute contracts involving futures, options and over-the-counter transactions. Includes actively performing responsibilities within the operations area of DFA Risk Management.
* Learn dairy pricing, commodity risk management and the national and global dairy business through exposure to company and industry events and continued education opportunities
* Listen to client base to understand and identify their needs
* Contribute to continual improvement of DFA Risk Management programs and services
* Promote DFA Risk Management programs and educate DFA RM clients about DFA Risk Management programs.
* Develop an appreciation and understanding of DFA's business, programs and services and philosophy.
* Continuing education of commodity risk management markets, tools and programs.
* Complete a quarterly review of Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. Commodities Compliance Manual.