Common Controls Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWould you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company* Pragmatics, Inc. seeks a Common Controls Coordinator to support the information resource management/information assurance system authorization program at a federal agency.
As a Common Controls Coordinator, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
In fulfillment of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) the National Institute of Science and Technology (NIST) develops and publishes standards and guidelines for securing Federal information systems. The position is not responsible for managing direct report staff, but will coordinate the efforts of many Government and Contractor resources across the enterprise (such as common controls providers, system owners, and independent security control assessors) to ensure a successful common controls program.
* Assure quality of all project deliverables.
* Oversee development and adherence to the common controls program plan.
* Work with Government and Contractor staff to identify, develop, implement, authorize, and continuously monitor the common controls.
* Lead intra-Government and intra-Contractor sessions and working groups to identify and document common controls, including inheritance criteria for system owners.
* Coordinate initial authorization and periodic reauthorization of the common controls in accordance with NIST SP 80-37 and 800-53.
* Ensure changes to common controls are identified and reassessed if necessary.
* Ensure the availability and integrity of data describing the implementation and status of authorized common controls.
* Develop presentations, briefings, and memorandums to/for key client staff, including status of authorized common controls.
* Participate in regular status meetings with key client staff.
* Strong familiarity with Federal Information System Security standards and guidelines for both unclassified and classified systems is assumed, as well as knowledge and experience with FISMA system authorization in a Federal Civil agency.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate an enterprise common controls program.
* Demonstrated ability to quantify and reduce risk to enterprise information systems.
* Demonstrated experience leading in a large and dispersed enterprise data center.
* Demonstrated effective written and oral communications skills.
education and years of experience
* Bachelor s degree in IT curriculum or engineering, and 5 to 7 years of experience.
* ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certificate.
* ISC2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) certificate.
* ITIL v3 certificate.
* Top Secret
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence. For over 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the federal government. We provide software engineering, agile business intelligence and analytics, audiovisual and learning technologies, cybersecurity, systems engineering, independent verification and validation, IT service management, program management, and transportation solutions. Pragmatics has diverse contracts with both defense and civilian agencies. We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.