Communications Coordinator 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
_New York, NY or Houston, TX_
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Draft press releases and track media coverage of the Firm and its lawyers.
* Provide media metrics of Firm news coverage and track daily news mentions.
* Draft news items for dissemination on the Firm's website.
* Post press releases and news coverage to social media.
* Draft and/or edit website content, attorney bios, articles, newsletters and internal communications pieces.
* Develop and update media contacts lists.
* Work with the Firm's practice development committee to implement initiatives that further the firm's visibility objectives.
* Prepare award submissions and surveys and coordinate with external PR firm for ranking and recognition in publications for specialized regional, national and industry recognition opportunities. Maintain an annual calendar tracking all ranking and recognition details, including results the Firm achieves, and pertinent dates.
* Position requires some evening and weekend work and frequently exceeds 40 hours per week. Occasional travelrequired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Superior writing, proofreading and interpersonal communication skills.
* Broad experience with traditional, industry and digital news publications.
* Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and perform well under pressure.
* Self-directed and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
* Creative thinker who works well in a team environment and shows sound business judgment.
* Focused, detail-oriented and a problem-solver.
* Highly motivated, persuasive, priority-driven and collaborative.
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
* Three (3) or more years of communications/public relations experience in a law firm.
* A Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
* Adobe Product Suite (Illustrator, In-Design and Photoshop)
* Social Media Platforms
* Submission of three writing samples required.