This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
We're looking for someone to help our Communications team promote Mapbox. You'll work in collaboration with everyone at Mapbox to tell current and potential users about what our team is building. You'll help us coordinate and execute all Mapbox communications including email, blog posts, and social media.
You should have some experience writing for broad audiences, especially via email and social media. More importantly, you want to learn more by doing with the support of our team. We'll help you learn the Mapbox stack so you can explain our tools to current and potential users in a clear, concise, and friendly way.
This role is based in our Washington, DC. office.
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR
* Outstanding communications skills. Written or spoken, you should be able to express yourself clearly and succinctly, as well as maintain a professional rapport with our team, users, and social media followers.
* Attention to detail. You always proofread your work and ask others for copy reviews. And you always check links to make sure they aren't broken.
* Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize. You can juggle communications for multiple products, prioritize on the fly, and adapt quickly.
* Desire to constantly learn. You want to learn every day and teach others what you pick up along the way.
* Team player. You work well with every team by checking in, helping them communicate new features, and building a launch schedule that will amplify their work.
* Photoshop experience. You will help make our blog posts, emails, and tweets as beautiful as our maps.
* Strong composition. Show us how you understand balance and prioritization of elements visually and temporally. You will apply your experience in composition not only to your design work but also to how you write, prioritize tasks, and communicate with others.
* HTML experience.
Click apply and include:
* Why you're interested in Mapbox and in helping us reach our audience
* Your experience in writing or communications
* A writing sample
Sound interesting, but not sure you tick all the boxes? Please apply - we emphasize teaching and learning at Mapbox, and there's tons of room to grow.
We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team. We encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor